Student Science Writer Positions: The Society for Personality and Social Psychology Seeks eDaily Contributors for Annual Convention
The Society for Personality and Social Psychology’s (SPSP) Annual Convention is the premier international event for more than 3500 social and personality psychologists. Attendees from academia, non-profit, government, and private sectors present and discuss research, network and collaborate on projects, and pursue professional development while advancing science and pedagogy in the field.
SPSP is seeking up to six psychology students to contribute as eDaily interns. Successful candidates will interview member scientists, write articles on sessions, and translate science for the daily convention e-newsletter during the 17th Annual Convention from January 28 to January 30, 2016 at the San Diego Convention Center.
- $300 [US dollars] stipend at the conclusion of the convention.
- Visibility with byline on Character & Context (the SPSP blog) and the #SPSP2016 Convention eDaily publication.
- Opportunities for future contribution to the Character & Context blog.
- Attend the convention in person and file assigned articles within the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day of the convention [January 28, January 29, and January 30].
- Ability to interview presenters, translate science, and write one assigned 500-word convention coverage article on deadline.
- If selected, ability to participate in a training conference call with SPSP staff on January 20 at 3 p.m. EST.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete the SPSP Student Science Writers Application [link forthcoming]. If you have questions about the position, please email email@example.com or call (202) 524-6543.